ANNOUNCEMENTS:SCHOOL ENROLLMENT INFORMATION: Interested in preschool or kindergarten for your child? Please visit Click HERE.EARLY EDUCATION PROGRAMS: Interested in preschool/early education, but not sure which program is best for your child?PARENT/CHILD ACTIVITIES & RESOURCES: Looking for kid-friendly, educational websites for your child to use or other parent/child activities and parenting information? Please visit our Resources Page.COMMUNITY RESOURCES: Please Click Here to visit our community resources page, for more information on programs available in your community.The purpose of the Eastern Upper Peninsula (EUP) Family Coalition is:
To be a member of a Parent Coalition you must:
- Increase parent participation in the early childhood planning and decision making for the EUP.
- Serve as the resource and constituency for parents on the Great Start Collaborative-giving them a means to better understand the desires and needs of parents in the community.
- To assist in building public support and will for early childhood investment.
- To support and be engaged in the assessment and strategic planning work of the Great Start Collaborative.
- To strengthen the civic engagement of parents in the community, on behalf of young children.
Where do these Parent Coalitions meet?Each coalition has a parent liaison who is responsible to encourage, engage, assist, and keep parents involved in the coalition process.Each county has a parent representative on the EUP Great Start Collaborative Body. The EUP Great Start Collaborative Body is required to have at least twenty percent of their membership be parents who represent the diversity of the area.How do I make contact and get involved in a EUP Parent Coalition?Contact one of the Parent Coalition Liasons listed below:Chippewa, Luce, and Mackinac County:Bay Mills Ojibwe Charter, Bois Blanc, Brimley, Joseph K. Lumsden, Mackinac Island, Moran Township, St. Ignace, St. Mary's, and Sault SchoolsFamily Engagement SpecialistEUP Great Start Collaborative Coordinator
- Be the parents of a child between the ages of birth to twelve
- Be a resident of Chippewa, Luce, or Mackinac Counties.
- Support local and state early childhood investment.