Eastern Upper Peninsula Early Learning Collaborative
Joint Recruitment and Enrollment procedures are used to service families who reside in Chippewa, Luce and Mackinac counties. The procedures encompass Head Start, Great Start Readiness Preschool, Early Childhood Special Education, child care centers and private preschools in the tri-county area. Those agencies include:
1. Eastern Upper Peninsula Intermediate School District Great Start Readiness Preschools, Early Childhood Special Education, and Early On
2. Chippewa-Luce-Mackinac Community Action Agency Head Start and Early Head Start
3. Sault Tribe of Chippewa Indians Head Start, Early Head Start, and Child Development Center
4. Inter-Tribal Council of Michigan- Bay Mills Head Start, Early Head Start, and Child Development Center
5. Tahquamenon Area Schools Early Childhood Special Education
6. Sault Ste. Marie Area Schools Early Childhood Special Education
7. Sault Co-op Preschool
8. Little Lakers Preschool
9. St. Mary’s Catholic Preschool
The purpose of the Eastern Upper Peninsula Early Learning Collaborative joint recruitment and enrollment procedures is:
1. To offer a more streamlined process for families when enrolling their child in preschool.
2. To ensure that every eligible family who needs or wants preschool for their child is informed of their options.
3. To ensure that all programs reach capacity if there are children without a preschool.
4. To establish a universal “wait list” so families are enrolled in programs according to mandated priorities.
5. To establish an on-line intake form to allow families and providers easy access.
Program enrollment is determined by family preference, eligibility criteria, available slots, transportation needs, and other identified needs.
A universal intake form will be used, but families will complete a more in-depth application process with the individual program their child is enrolled in.
All families will complete the initial in-take form which can be found HERE.
The in-take form will be reviewed by the Eastern Upper Peninsula Early Learning Collaborative and sent to the appropriate program. The program will contact the family and assist them in completing the application process for the individual program.