Return to Headlines
-Parents as Teachers of the EUP Referral
Parents as Teachers of the EUP
Parent Involvement & Education Program
Information on this page:
- Parent Educator Contact Information
- Curriculum Information
- Ideas and Information for Parents
- Local Resources
- Local Events
- EUP Great Start Collaborative Parent Coalition Information
What is Parents as Teachers
Parents as Teachers of the EUP is a home-based parent involvement and education program for families with children from birth to age five years who live within the Eastern Upper Peninsula School District. The program is funded from a grant through the Michigan Department of Education. Services are at no cost to participating families.
Parents as Teachers of the EUP promotes:
- School Readiness Skills
- Parenting Education
- Early Care to ensure children are ready for school
This is a free service available to all parents of young children.
Contact Parent Educator:Ashley Allison906-632-3373 ext. 5123
Parents as Teachers, an Early Childhood Service, assists families who have children ages five years and under. We promote positive parenting, enhance child health and development, prevent child abuse, and help prepare children for kindergarten. By understanding what to expect during each stage of development, you can easily capture the teachable moments in everyday life to support your child's growth.
Every minute you spend holding, laughing, loving, playing, caring, and reading to your baby helps your child's brain develop and IQ grow.
Learning begins at birth
To learn more about your child's development follow these links:
Families will Receive
Personal Visits are the heart of PAT program. Home visits are held in the family's home by a certified parent educator trained in child development. During the visits you will:
- Receive age-appropriate child development and parenting information
- Learn to observe your child and recognize his or her needs
- Have your parenting concerns addressed
- Health, hearing and vision
- Language, cognitive, intellectual & motor development
- Share your struggles and successes
- Learn from other parents
- See your child interact with other children
- Learn about topics that interest you
Community Resource Networks
If needed we link your family with services available in our community for:
- Economic, environmental & personal problems
- Baby care items
- Family Planning
- Medical care for parents and children
Interested In Local Resources and Activities? Click Here for Community Resources
Interested in local community events? Click here for a Calendar of Events
EUP GREAT START PARENT COALITION INFORMATION
Interested in local play groups and activities?
Click here for more information on EUP GSC Parent Coalitions.
This program is free and confidential.
(906) 632-3373 ext.5123
Ask for the Parents as Teachers, Parent Educator